cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDC Device descriptior request failed

Treacy Yao
Associate II

I want to realize CDC function to transimit/receive data to/from PC via STM32F105RB. I get the code from Cube. Set clock, enable CDC and modify heap size to 0x1000. But when I power on deivce, "Device descriptior request failed" shown.

1.I don't know where is the problem.

2.By the way, For the PC driver, "Starting from windows 10, the STSW-STM32102 driver is no more adequate and the usage of the native inbox driver is recommanded", I don't konw where can get native inbox drive? This is mean I don't need to install driver in WIN10. Now I'm using win10 to do the testing.

3.I also tired WIN7(32bit), still have the "Device descriptior request failed" problem.

Please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
asbjorn.heid
Associate III
27 REPLIES 27

Is this on known working hardware?

In BOOT0=HIGH, can you see up a STM32 USB DFU device?

I'm not looking to wade through 18MB of someone else's Cube project. You'll need to debug your own work. Instrument functionality to you can see/understand what is happening.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
asbjorn.heid
Associate III

Did you implement CDC_Control_FS handling? See my post in https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000A4nieqSQA/how-to-implement-usb-cdc

asbjorn.heid
Associate III

And regarding 2) yes, Windows 10 has built-in driver, so no need to install.

Thank you for your response. I have tried as you said and still have the "Device descriptior request failed" in WIN10. I attach my files. Please have a check.

I doubt maybe it is hardware problem, but How can I confirm with oscilloscope? I'm the green hand for USB.

Could you please have a check my code?

I don't have your mcu, so I've copied your code to an empty STM32F103 project. I've managed to reproduce the error, and tried comparing it with my successful code. I've not yet found any differences that could explain it, but I'll have a closer look tonight.

Trevor Jones
Senior

I fixed this issue yesterday...

the crystal was set to bypass clock, so it used the internal 48MHz and half worked...

Do you have a crystal ? check the frequency on the scope.. it has to be correct in the cube...

Please, this fucntion have taken a long time. Thank you.

I selected Crystal/Ceramic ReSonatar for HSI and LSE. Do you mean let me try to select BYPASS clock for  HSI and LSE?