cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we combine hal based project with register level project

ABhat.7
Associate III

Hi, everyone

I have 2 project in one of the project i have used hal library for stm32f1 while in the other project i have use register access i.e all the peripheral like uart, adc are accessed at register level ​like in stm8 pls suggest is it possible to merge these 2 project

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

There are no issues in general combining HAL and register level access, but generally you should only use HAL or register level access for a particular peripheral. The only problem comes from using both for the same peripheral without understanding how HAL operates and how accessing registers affects it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
ABhat.7
Associate III

Hi ,@[TDK]​

Thank for reply but can you provide any examples or links through which i can get reference that how to merge them ​

Not sure what you're looking for. Copy the relevant code from one project to the other and adjust programming logic according to how you want them to be used. If they don't interact with one another, it should be a straightforward task.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".