cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug related to corruption of FileX files when changing settings in Code Configurator.

GSuch.1
Associate II

There is a bug in STCubeMX regarding LevelX. After changing the settings in the Code Configurator (even those not related to system settings, only e.g. UART) the "lx_stm32_nor_custom_driver.c" file is being damaged. Namely, the content of our custom code placed in the lx_nor_driver_write function is inserted into the lx_nor_driver_block_erase and lx_nor_driver_block_erased_verify function. See the before and after screen grabs - these are only single lines placed between /* USER CODE */ comments. We are currently working with v1.10.1, however, after upgrading to v1.11.0 the issue persists. We use a processor from the H7 family, namely ST32H723, FileX, LevelX with NOR driver (custom NOR driver). This error limits the use of the Code Configurator by our team. Can we expect the bug to be fixed soon?

0693W00000WL71LQAT.png0693W00000WL711QAD.png 

5 REPLIES 5
Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello@GSuch.1

First let me thank you for posting

I tried to reproduce the same behavior you encountered but it works fine from my side.

To be able to push further the analysis could you please provide a minimal project which show the problem.

I'll be waiting for your feedback.

Thx.

Ghofrane

GSuch.1
Associate II

Our project is attached below (STMCommunity_ExampleSW.zip). The file that gets corrupted is located in "STMCommunity_ExampleSW\ExampleSW\LevelX\Target\lx_stm32_nor_custom_driver.c". As I mentioned earlier, that happens when the settings in the Code Configurator are changed (during ioc update), even those not related to FileX (e.g. SPI, UART).

I would also like to point out that during generation, an warning shows up, which is related to incomplete configuration of the MPU (as shown below). Our team is aware of that. However, we have a second project that does not use this periphery, and it also has that FileX bug. Therefore, please ignore this warning, as it is not part of our bug report.

Thanks!

0693W00000WLchcQAD.png

Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @GSuch.1​ 

Thank you for your contributions and for your detailed explanations,

I confirm the issue on my side, it has been reported to STM32CubeMX development team .

Internal ticket number: 141904 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

I will keep you posted with updates.

Regards,

Ghofrane

GSuch.1
Associate II

I would like to add that I found another bug similar in nature, but this time in FileX Custom Interface. This is a custom driver for FIleX (without LevelX), located in FileX\Target\fx_stm32_custom_driver.c. The line in the switch-case statement "FX_DRIVER_BOOT_WRITE" is deleted after re-generating the IOC. In my opinion, the "POST_DRIVER_BOOT_WRITE" should be in indicated place, instead of "DRIVER_BOOT_WRITE". I think that the empty line above is being inserted at the place shown.

I would like to ask the development team to fix this bug as well. How are things going with the previous report?

0693W00000Y8vhxQAB.png0693W00000Y8vhsQAB.png

Hello @GSuch.1​ 

Actually I appreciate your great contributions .

Concerning the mentioned issue above , a ticket is submitted to dev team

Internal ticket number: 143552 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Both issues will be fixed as soon as possible.

Thx

Ghofrane