cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Storing Data in external flash

Nico3
Senior

I am running LED matrix display from F0 Series MCU. At present whatever I want to display on board, I am putting "Hex code of LED matrix" in the main loop code. 

But Now I want to have USB stick containing Hex code of LED matrix. Basically user will upload the Hex code on USB stick from laptop.

And controller circuit will have female USB connection, where on inserting the USB stick, "Hex code of LED matrix" will automatically uploaded on  external flash such as AT25SF641B, and MCU reads from that external flash to display on LED matrix display.

Please let know any tips to implement this.. I am totally lost.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

And controller circuit will have female USB connection, where on inserting the USB stick

Bummer. STM32F0 does not have USB host function, so no it won't work as you describe. Also, AT25SF641B is a QSPI flash but 'F0 does not have a QSPI controller, so it will be limited to slower mode. To help with design the data transfer between PC and your device and choose optimal parts, you may want to find a consultant.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

And controller circuit will have female USB connection, where on inserting the USB stick

Bummer. STM32F0 does not have USB host function, so no it won't work as you describe. Also, AT25SF641B is a QSPI flash but 'F0 does not have a QSPI controller, so it will be limited to slower mode. To help with design the data transfer between PC and your device and choose optimal parts, you may want to find a consultant.