cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why use circuit breaker in Stm32 Nucleo Boards?

ACho.11
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SB stands for Solder Bridge.

In some cases, it provides alternative usages of pins, e.g. whether a Tx pin goes to the on-board STLink's VCP Rx pin, or to an external pin.

Also The board (PCB) itself is rather universal, and ST places several different target STM32s onto it; however, these mcus are not 100% pin compatible and the SBs solve this - for different mcus different set of SBs is closed.

JW

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

What are you talking about?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Sorry for my insufficient information. When I look at that the schematic of Nucleo boards, I found a lot of circuit breaker under SB symbols. Normally I didn't see anything like that in other microcontroller, so I'm wondering what is the purposes of that circuit breaker?

show pic of this "circuit breaker" . so i dont need to search my big blue glass ball to see it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bj6EhQAI.pnghere it's. the symbol is SB.

SB stands for Solder Bridge.

In some cases, it provides alternative usages of pins, e.g. whether a Tx pin goes to the on-board STLink's VCP Rx pin, or to an external pin.

Also The board (PCB) itself is rather universal, and ST places several different target STM32s onto it; however, these mcus are not 100% pin compatible and the SBs solve this - for different mcus different set of SBs is closed.

JW

Thanks you, So it's only to select the pins for different peripherals.

Yes, like links/jumpers on other boards, but taking less space and parts to implement.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ACho.11
Associate II

Thank you guys. I understand now.