cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting an error: No debug probe detected in STM32 CubeProgrammer? Is there a setting in the software or is there a driver issue?

CZopf.1
Associate

The STLink-V3Mini is connected to the USB port and the light on the board is green.

12 REPLIES 12

Charging Cable?

Seeing it in Device Manager?

Open in another application? Keil?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @CZopf.1​ ,

Can you give us more details on the scenario used? CubeProgrammer version and board used?

best regards,

Houda

TIntr.1
Associate

I'm having the same problem. I've not used the STlink or programmer before. All I have done is open the programmer and connected the STlink.

Programmer: STM32CubeProgrammer v2.5.0

Official STLink-V2

Make sure the drivers are properly installed and the pod is seen in Device Manager

On Win7 the drivers take a while to load.

What OS are you using? What version of the Drivers are loading?

Hi Tesla, Thanks for your reply! I'm using Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6. Are there dedicated drivers needed for Mac?

PMars.2
Associate II

I'm getting this problem both on mac and PC. I have noticed that the ST-link on my B-L4S5I-IOT01 keeps restarting and the PC loses comms. When trying to connecvt via ST-link I get "no debug probe detected" or I get "No STM32 target found"

Led state of the ST-link is inconclusive. When first plugged in takes a long time to go green. After that its pretty much a brick.

KG5ZID
Associate II

I have a newly received Nucleo-H723ZG board. When I connect it to my Win10 PC via the ST-LINK USB port, I don't hear the usual USB connect 'jingle' nor do I see any changes in Device Manager. The board powers up ok and the blinking led demo works ok. STM32CubeProgrammer v2.6.0 also fails to see ST-LINK and reports "no debug probe detected". When I disconnect the Nucleo and connect an older ST-LINKv2 dongle, STM32CubeProgrammer sees it just fine, I get the usual USB connect jingle, and DM reports a UT-LINK usb device. I installed stsw-link0009_v2.0.2 driver but that didn't seem to change a think.

Is the Nucleo board bad? Is there a jumper that needs to be set?

KG5ZID
Associate II

ok, nevermind. After reading a Stackoverflow article, I tried a number of different USB cables and found one that worked. It appears this Nucleo board is very picky about the usb connection. At any rate, STM32CubeProgrammer now 'sees' the board and all is well. For now.

MicroUSB connectors are pretty awful in nearly all manifestations. Too tight, too loose, ripping them off..

Charging cables don't have data wires, might have resistors to signal current sourcing abilities.

A lot of USB cables are very poorly made.