cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART on F7508-DK

Jamiw
Associate II

I am trying to implement a data transfer using UART on the STM32F7508-DK, but cannot get it to work. I have been trying for the minimal example from the step-by-step instructions https://wiki.st.com/stm32mcu/wiki/STM32StepByStep:Step3_Introduction_to_the_UART.

I took tried both UART7 with PF7 for UART7_TX and PF6 for UART7_RX, and USART2 with PA2 for USART2_TX and PA3 for USART2_RX, which I've taken from the manual for STM32F750x8. They are already set when I put UART7 or USART2 into Asychronous mode, and I disable all other UART and USART before building the project. I've have verified that I have the matching setups in my terminal (I am using TeraTerm), but I get no message on the Terminal.
I tried this same example code with a different board and had no issues there, and I have made sure my pins match the board.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

As you are using STM32F7508-DK board and using TeraTerm, you didn't mention how you did the connection from the board to the PC?

With this board you need to use USART1 (PB7: USART1_Rx, PA9: USART1_TX).

According to the schematics:

SofLit_1-1721404935013.png

ST-LINK will be used as a virtual comport between the MCU and your PC.

SofLit_0-1721404766737.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

As you are using STM32F7508-DK board and using TeraTerm, you didn't mention how you did the connection from the board to the PC?

With this board you need to use USART1 (PB7: USART1_Rx, PA9: USART1_TX).

According to the schematics:

SofLit_1-1721404935013.png

ST-LINK will be used as a virtual comport between the MCU and your PC.

SofLit_0-1721404766737.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.