cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H745 EXTI and SYSCFG_EXTICRx relation

Matt__
Associate II

Hello, 

I am trying to better understand the relation of how the SYSCFG_EXTICRx and the EXTI_RTSR1 registers correspond. In the manual as I understand, the SYSCFG_EXTICRx registers are used to setup a pin on the EXTI line for interrupt use by setting your desired port config. Looking in the manual at the EXTI_RTSR1 register, I believe the 0-15 bits are used for the corresponding lines that the SYSCFG_EXTICRx register sets. However, there is bits 16-21 which if anyone knows what or how they are used? 

Any clarification would be appreciated. I am just trying to clarify my understanding is correct and what these other bits are referring to. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

The EXI lines are not only used for pins but also to be triggered by internal signals:

See "Event input type" in table 152. If it's configurable, there is a corresponding bit in EXTI_RTSRx registers.

See table RM0399/ Table 152

SofLit_2-1713288166416.png

SofLit_3-1713288238299.png

Hope it does answer your question.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

The EXI lines are not only used for pins but also to be triggered by internal signals:

See "Event input type" in table 152. If it's configurable, there is a corresponding bit in EXTI_RTSRx registers.

See table RM0399/ Table 152

SofLit_2-1713288166416.png

SofLit_3-1713288238299.png

Hope it does answer your question.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.