cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429VIT6 Connection Bare Metal

AShah.12
Associate II

Hello, I am working on the project from scratch. I would like to know what are the minimum connections I will need for the STM32F429VIT6 in order to program? I have segger J-Link which I will be using. so far I have connect SWCLK (Pin 76), SWDIO (Pin 72), TDI (Pin 77), NJTRST (pin 90), and Vref 3.3V (Pin 75) and VSS (GND) (Pin 74). Is that the bare minimum connection I will need to connect the board and start programming? I did check the Datasheet, Ref manual and programming guide but I am not 100% sure. I am getting an error.0693W00000WKb2bQAD.png0693W00000WKb2WQAT.png

15 REPLIES 15

0693W00000WKgmUQAT.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hello TDK & AScha, I did check the document you send me and saw the Figure 19. and made connections but still no success. Please see the attached. 0693W00000WKgrjQAD.png0693W00000WKgrUQAT.png

Hello AScha,

Yes I did follow your guidance and was able to connect boot0 to GND and also RST to 100nf cap and ground it. Still not working. 0693W00000WKgrtQAD.jpg

TDK
Guru

Caps should be placed next to the chip, not on a breadboard many inches away. What you're doing might work, if you get the connections right, but using a nucleo board seems like a better option.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Got it. Nucleo and discovery works great. But not with STM32F429VIT6 . I want to try this board because one of my project I cannot fit the entire board and I just want bare minimum. ​

AScha.3
Chief II

with these long leads connecting vcc, gnd and the cer.caps -> no chance.

you have a chance to get it running, when you

• connect all gnd together with short wires direct soldered to the (bottom) pin headers pads.
  • same for all vdd, vdda
  • also vcap
  • and cer.caps (maybe 4.7 uf) to vdd-gnd and vcap-gnd (also here, at pin header pads)
  • and the rst 100nF also here