cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32f429 disc1 board

harry123
Senior

Will my gpio pin gets effected if I give a voltage of 4v because my board Is not working it is getting heated once i connect the supply through usb.

16 REPLIES 16

Put an ARM standard 20-pin JTAG connector, or SWD 10-pin connector on your board.

Or use Tag-Connect type foot print.

For debug you want SWDIO(PA13), SWCLK(PA14), VTARGET, GND, and probably NRST and SWO(PB3), for full JTAG NJTRST(PB4)

You can fashion your own header connection, pads or castellations, but then you can't use off-the shelf (COTS) gear and not have to custom build things at scale.

They are some board-level ST-LINK/V3 that you can solder onto your board as a module.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

This is My custom board 

• Is the power supply is ok
  •  From where I should take the ground as there might be ground issues.
  • What is that vtarget and njtrst(pb4) as it not there in Stm32f4 disc1 stlink part of the schematic 
  • Is there any  custom board schematic so that I can follow accordingly.
TDK
Guru

If you post the schematic here as a PDF or image, I'll take a look.

Here's the STM32F4 hardware design guide. It should cover all that is necessary:

dm00115714-getting-started-with-stm32f4xxxx-mcu-hardware-development-stmicroelectronics.pdf

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
  • This is My custom board schematic. It's same as f429 disc1 board as I replaced both F429 main chip and stlink f1 chip from development board to my custom made board.
  • Now when I connected usb power supply the board is getting heated and it's showing stlink not connected. 
  • Plz look in to it.

Thank you

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rJiLHR7v1m0_u9aUBMIOs7mpG5s_3u-o/view?usp=drivesdk 

I'm not clicking on a google drive link. You should be able to attach it here.

Look for the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" just below the reply form.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Attached