cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F407 upload the file

MDani.3
Associate

Hello i have a jiyi flight controller STM32F407 2 unit faulty and 1 unit is working fine. I use the ST link device to connect the flight controller GND/3.3V/IO/CLK it working on the link msg appear deive memory cannot read, i change the level 1 to 0 the memory files goes to emptyeven i tested with 1 working flight controller same thing happen. How do i copy and save the file in my folder so that i can coy to new STM32F405.....why when i switch frome level 1 to level 0 the files go missing ...tq

3 REPLIES 3

The purpose of level 1 and level 0 is readout protection. Level 1 means that you can't read the flash image out again. Level 0 means that you can read out the flash image.

By turning off the readout protection, you break the whole concept of readout protection.

So what these processors do is erase the whole chip when you reduce the readout protection level.

Just one thing, there is also level 2. This can be thought of as completely locking the processor forever, you can't unlock it, you can't erase it. It's locked.

hello and tq you for your reply ....how do i copy the file from this level 1 .....is any way to make a backup...tq😅

You get ahold of the person that wrote the code and ask them for a copy. If you wrote it yourself, just turn off the processor locking code that you put in.

There is probably a reason that they locked the processor. They may have put a lot of time and effort into the code and don't want people altering it, putting the revised version back in, burning up the motor drivers, and then claiming warranty.

Other companies may want to duplicate the hardware, but then they have to write the firmware to make it work. If you could just pull the code out of a locked processor, now you've got the whole device without any investment in the design.

So, how do you copy the file from a processor that is locked? You don't.