cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F100RBT6B development board

saran
Associate II

I'm trying to redesign the STM32F100RBT6B without ST-LINK. something I did from the STM32VLDISCOVERY schematic file. but the redesigned hardware was not working with STM32 ST-LINKER UTILITY. For your reference, I have attached a schematic file 

showing the error:

16:19:07: Can not connect to Target!
Please select "Connect Under Reset" mode from Target->Settings menu and try again. If you're trying to connect to a low-frequency application, please select a lower SWD Frequency mode from Target->Settings menu.
16:29:02: No target connected

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Then there are still two problems:

• the ST-LINK Utility has been on NRND for a very long time and is neither recommended nor supported anymore
  • the VLDISCOVERY is already very old and still has the also very old ST-LINK/V1, which in turn is no longer supported by the STM32Cubeprogrammer

In addition, I don’t know how you connected your new board to this very old ST-LINK/V1.

Instead, I recommend that you get and use a more up-to-date ST-LINK, e.g. by breaking from any NUCLEO-64

Hope that helps?

Regards, /Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @saran, to the community!

If you connect the board to an external ST-LINK, what kind of ST-LINK is it?

You have an 80 MHz crystal in the schematics at HSE. Do you realise that the STM32F100RBT6B can only work with max. 24MHz crystals?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for your response, sir.

In the schematic, I have wrongly mentioned as 80MHz. But in reality, I have using 8MHz in the circuit.

I have designed the board with reference to the STM32VLDISCOVERY board. For programming, I took the parallel connection from the Debugger of the STM32VLDISCOVERY board.

For your reference, I have given below the product link,

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/stm32vldiscovery.html 

Thanks in advance 

Regards,

Saran

Then there are still two problems:

• the ST-LINK Utility has been on NRND for a very long time and is neither recommended nor supported anymore
  • the VLDISCOVERY is already very old and still has the also very old ST-LINK/V1, which in turn is no longer supported by the STM32Cubeprogrammer

In addition, I don’t know how you connected your new board to this very old ST-LINK/V1.

Instead, I recommend that you get and use a more up-to-date ST-LINK, e.g. by breaking from any NUCLEO-64

Hope that helps?

Regards, /Peter

I will check and update you Mr. Peter