cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32-F446RE Nucleo board lcan't connect via ST-Link

Rvan .9
Associate II

Hi, I am using the STM32 Nucleo F446RE board. I have accidentely changed the PA13 pin, which is assigned to the debugger to a GPIO output pin, which resulted in my debugger not working and now I can't load any new code on the STM. How do I change back to my previous configuration as I have never changed it to the GPIO output? I have tried using STlink Utility to connect to the board, changed the mode to "Connect under Reset", but when I try to Connect to the target it doesn't allow me to connect to it, which means i can't erase the chip to solve the problem. Does anybody know an alternative solution to this.

6 REPLIES 6
TDK
Guru

You could boot into the bootloader instead, which will prevent user code that changes PA13 from running.

Connecting under reset should work, however.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Rvan .9
Associate II

I am fairly new to STM32 boards. Can you advise me how to do this, because I have tried booting into the bootloader and to do this I connected the 3.3V pin to the Boot0 pin, but I'm not sure where to go from there

Rvan .9
Associate II

0693W00000FDBsFQAX.pngSo I used the STLink Utility App and these were my settings, as soon as I press Okay I get the following :

0693W00000FDBsjQAH.pngThen when trying to erase the chip, it gives the same error. I watched a few videos and most of the poeple just press the reset button (which I have on the board) and release it again after pressing erase chip, but this also isn't working, because it doesn't even want to connect to the chip, but I can update the firmware on the chip using STLink Utility.

TDK
Guru

I would try using STM32CubeProgrammer. The ST-Link Utility is deprecated.

To boot into the bootloader, connect BOOT0 to 3.3V, then reset the board by holding NRST low briefly.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Rvan .9
Associate II

0693W00000FDC5EQAX.jpgSo this here is my board, my NRST Pin is just above my 3V3 Pin, so I am not sure what you mean by holding NRST low briefly, and should I be doing anything else in the programmer at this time?

Rvan .9
Associate II

0693W00000FDC6gQAH.png 

These are the settings in my programmer but when I click connect it shows that it is picking up the board in the log but it keeps showing that the target isn't found