cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STLINK-V3PWR not supported by STM32CubeIDE V1.1.12

PJEN
Associate III

I'm running on Mac-OS with CubeIDE V1.12.1 (the latest at this time)

When I try to connect a target using SWD with my STLINK-V3PWR probe I get the following:

"No ST-Link detected" in a popup named : "ST-LINK firmware verification"

If I try to upgrade the probe firmware from the IDE menu 'Help"->'STLINK upgrade' , this lead to a downgrade from V4J2B1P4 to V4J1B1P3 (the STLinkUpgrade tool has Version 3.11.3 , not the latest one 3.12.3)

I tried to downgrade the probe firmware with no success with target connection.

The CubeMonitor-Power application works (but I have the same, already reported in forum) problem of OVC triggering on power-ON on VOUT due to inrush current to the target

I tried also STM32CubeProgrammer that connects to my target with SWD, so the probe is properly connected to the target ... by the way, the StLinkUpgrade.jar included in the last  STM32CubeProgrammer application is an old one not even recognising the STLINK-V3PWR !!

I suppose I have to wait for an CubeIDE release to have this probe working ?

11 REPLIES 11

Hello,

I found the solution.

I add the idea to make a new fresh install of STM32CubeIDE and downloaded the installer.

But only making the install of st-stlink-server.2.1.1-1.pkg was enough to solve this problem. It seems that this driver update was not properly installed with IDE updates !!

thank's for support

Pierre

robinjansen
Associate

UPDATE: I didn't connect T_VCC, that's why it didn't saw any activity.

I also have an issue with my STLINK-V3PWR. When I want to run a project using SWD within STM32CubeIDE, it gives the following error:

Error in initializing ST-LINK device.
Reason: No device found on target.
libusb: warning [darwin_transfer_status] transfer error: timed out

When the STLINK-V3PWR is not connected at all, it does indicate that there is no ST-LINK.

w/o STLINK-V3PWR connectedw/o STLINK-V3PWR connected

STM32CubeIDE errorSTM32CubeIDE error

To check if the wiring was wrong, I've checked all the signals on the DEBUG port using my digital analyser. It seems that there is no activity at all. DEBUG pins 7 (GND) and 11 (GNDDetect) are connected through a 100k resistor. Channel 7 is from AUX.

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 12.17.47.png

The STLINK-V3PWR is updated to the most recent firmware 'V4J2B1P4'. It is controllable with the STM32CubeMonitor-Power application.

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 12.21.06.png

And it is detected with serial in STM32CubeIDE

STLINK detected with serialSTLINK detected with serial