cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-LINK V2 COM Port

lre.1
Associate II

Hi, I have an issue with CubeIDE and ST-LINK.

I'm trying USART communication with STM32F0F4, I write code and debug but I don't get COM Port. In device manager there is no port showing. I installed st-link009.

0693W00000Su1Q4QAJ.pngIn CubeIDE, i tried both St-Link GDB Server and OpenOCD for debug probe but didn't work.

I using Tera Term for COM Port connection, ST-Link not showing.

0693W00000Su1QJQAZ.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The stand alone ST-LINK/V2 do NOT provide you with a serial port.

You'd need an ST-LINK/V2-1 like those on the DISCO and NUCLEO boards, or the newer ST-LINK/V3

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The stand alone ST-LINK/V2 do NOT provide you with a serial port.

You'd need an ST-LINK/V2-1 like those on the DISCO and NUCLEO boards, or the newer ST-LINK/V3

but i too even though i have the stm32f411 discovery board i can run code etc,my st link works i can debug but in my device manager it doesn't show me the com port and i can't use uart and terra term ???why is that how can i resolve it ??????

If you look at the schematic for the discovery board, it doesn't have VCP. The only option is to use a USB to Serial adapter and connect to your UART pins.

Or you can use a Nucleo board that which does have VCP. https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/nucleo-f411re.html

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

Probably because is has an ST-LINK/V2 and not an ST-LINK/V2-1, and doesn't have the VCP wired to anything? The original STM32F4-DISCO series came out just before mbed was supported.

You'd need to get a newer board instead of the DECADE+ stuff?

Say a NUCLEO-144 design?