cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-link driver

lzhan.21
Associate II

0693W00000NrxeXQAR.png0693W00000Nrxf1QAB.pngI have stm32F407 discovery board and I have downloaded and installed the ST_LINK USB driver on my laptop running window 10, but when I plug in the discovery board, the error message pops up saying the USB driver is not recognized, in the device manager, it showed unknown USB device. I tried several ways,like uninstalling the unknown USB device, updating the driver, installing the driver again. Restart the computer and plug in another USB port, nothing seems to work. Can you help me to find a way to solve this? It's really painful to be stuck in the same place again and again. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Message more indicative of a defective cable.

Make sure to connect to the NORTH END Mini USB connector, not the Micro-AB connector

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
lzhan.21
Associate II

I was able to read files on an old SSD disk using the same mini USB cable, do you think it is still a cable problem? I've tried on another computer, I got the same problem that the board is unrecognizable. So maybe it is the cable, but how come I can read files on an old SSD using the same cable? Thanks for the advice!

lzhan.21
Associate II

Brought the new mini USB cable, but I still got the same problem. My laptop used to connect to the discovery board without any issue, the only thing I did was soldering the header pin onto the board. Now my laptop couldn't connect to the board. Any advice or suggestions?

Thread continues, sounds like you damage it

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001cG43qSAC/stlink-doesnt-connect-my-laptop-to-the-board

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..