cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLVED BELOW I'm using a Nucleo-L432kc and im powering it from the +5v pin, to prevent it being held under reset by the unpowered ST-LINK I have removed SB9 which has succeeded, but now I am unable to program it, despite the success others report.

GRing.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GRing.1
Associate II

Updating this post as I have since found a solution, attaching wires to the contacts of the solder bridge allowed me to make a jumper circuit. When programming the device the pins must be shorted, these can then be separated when running.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TDK
Guru

Edit: oh, you're still using the onboard ST-Link.

Should work, what error message or issue are you running into? You will need to ensure SWDIO/SWCLK are not reprogrammed, the chip doesn't enter low power states, otherwise you will need to boot up into the bootloader to connect.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
GRing.1
Associate II

This is what I get in MBED studio, interestingly, it seems to work despite the error maybe 1 out of 30 times?

0693W00000KbUTqQAN.png

Replied to myself accidentally, see my comment below, thanks.

Sounds like a software issue rather than a hardware one. Perhaps the debugger is assuming NRST is connected. If STM32CubeProgrammer can connect, issue isn't with the hardware connection.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

No success with Cube:

0693W00000KbUUyQAN.png

GRing.1
Associate II

Updating this post as I have since found a solution, attaching wires to the contacts of the solder bridge allowed me to make a jumper circuit. When programming the device the pins must be shorted, these can then be separated when running.