cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulink and STM32F407G-Disc1

Sensai
Associate

I have difficulty to connect STM32F407G-Discovery board to Simulink. I received the following error and the recommendation to fix it does not work. One thing I noticed is that I cannot create or locate _targ_data_map file.

I could get the work done with my TI board so the setting on the Simulink side should be correct. Any clue how I can fix things? should I change anything on the board itself?

Error: The following error occurred during deployment to your hardware board:
Error while writing the executable to the STM32F4 flash. OpenOCD returned the following diagnostic message:

Error while trying to establish USB communication with the STM32F4-Discovery board. Please reset the USB communication:
1. Disconnect the USB cable from the board.
2. Wait for three seconds.
3. Connect the USB cable again.
For more information look into logfile generated by openOCD: mw_openocd_log.txt.

openOCD: mw_openocd_log.txt

GNU MCU Eclipse 64-bits Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0+dev-00254-g2ec04e4e (2017-11-10-11:34)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
Info : The selected transport took over low-level target control. The results might differ compared to plain JTAG/SWD
adapter speed: 2000 kHz
adapter_nsrst_delay: 100
none separate
srst_only separate srst_nogate srst_open_drain connect_deassert_srst
Info : Unable to match requested speed 2000 kHz, using 1800 kHz
Info : Unable to match requested speed 2000 kHz, using 1800 kHz
Info : clock speed 1800 kHz
Error: open failed
in procedure 'program'
in procedure 'init' called at file "embedded:startup.tcl", line 495
in procedure 'ocd_bouncer'
** OpenOCD init failed **
shutdown command invoked

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

I can see ST STlink under ports as well as ST-link Debug under USB devices but not able to connect. Tried different boards, disconnect several cables, etc.

and all the other things - different USB ports, with/without hub, removing all other USB devices, etc ?

Can you connect with STM32CubeProgrammer?