cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random HardFaults on custom board based on STM32U545RET6Q

AGP
Associate

Hello, I have created a custom PCB based on STM32U545RET6Q and I am getting crazy to do it work. I have a random errors and I can't solve any of them becaouse each time the hardfaluts are different. I started to work with the EVAL board MB-1841 (STM32U545RET6QU), the first thing I realized that in mi IC the "U" does not appear.

One more thing, is that I have many times problems to find the target with STLINK, but others I can flash the board correctly.

I post the schematic here. I have to say that I've forgotten the inductance between VDD11 1&2 and VLXSMPS, but I added it externally and it seems to work.

AGP_0-1729493266029.png     AGP_1-1729493312238.png

My FW is really simple, I just use the ADC in DMA mode reading 6 channels, internal clock, 1 DAC output, and 1 UART bus. One important thing to pint out is that the FW runs perfectly on the evaluation board. Here are the .ioc:

AGP_2-1729493533789.png

2 REPLIES 2
gbm
Lead III

Vdd11 is the core supply voltage, ca. 1.1 V. Verify your schematic - it must not be connected to 3.3 V! It's a miracle your MCU is still alive (maybe not completely alive, hence the problems).

My STM32 stuff on github - compact USB device stack and more: https://github.com/gbm-ii/gbmUSBdevice

Yes @gbm , I made a mistake there but I've made a re-work and correct the problem. The first MCU I soldered was dead for that reason...