cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about UART communication

OFN
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I am using the b-g4743-dpow1 discovery kit and I am trying to perform UART communication. However, the board does not output the UAR output to the computer. Currently, I can read the observe the UART output through oscilloscope, the output is just not shown on serial port utility on pc. May I ask how should I connect the board to pc (USB, Type-C? I am not sure how to connect) and is there anyway I can solve the issue? Thanks a lot

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

UART/VCP connections are on PG14/PG9. Are those the pins you are using?

TDK_0-1723722393119.png

Make sure you are opening the correct COM port, and that baud rate and other settings are consistent.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

If you do not use a UART-USB converter and want to communicate with the PC via USART3, this is realised via the embedded ST-LINK/V3. The ST-LINK/V3 can be accessed via the micro-USB socket.

The USB-C socket is for direct access to the USB port of the STM32G474RE and for UCPD communication.

Hope that helps?

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
BarryWhit
Senior III

and if you are using a USB-Serial cable, make sure you connect RX pin cable to TX pin of board and vice versa.

- If a post has answered your question, please acknowledge the help you received by clicking "Accept as Solution".
- Once you've solved your issue, please consider posting a summary of any additional details you've learned. Your new knowledge may help others in the future.