Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with ST-LINK/V2 drivers

Joan PRATS
Associate II
Posted on May 11, 2011 at 19:44

Hi all,

I'm experiencing connection problems when using the STM32L-DISCOVERY kit with the ST-LINK Utility software v2.0. I supose this is a matter of drivers but I'm not 100%sure. Is there anybody facing the same problems?

Thanks,

JP

#st-link-utility-stm32l-discovery
14 REPLIES 14
disirio2
Senior
Posted on June 20, 2011 at 14:35

I had success using the Visual Programmer included in the latest STVD release, then I also used the board with IAR uVision 6.20 (note, version 6.10 didn't recognize it).

So far no problems, my project is being ported to the STM32L.

Giovanni

---

http://www.chibios.org/

Joan PRATS
Associate II
Posted on July 05, 2011 at 15:33

I can confirm that by replacing the STLinkUSBdriver.dll file within the ST-Link Utility folder, the system works. I can read and flash the micro ( STM3220G-EVAL ) by using the ST-Link/V2 dongle.

Thanks!

phil239955_stm1_st
Associate
Posted on July 11, 2011 at 04:36

STM32-Link now works for me- I *think* it failed before due to the default of using JTAG as the communication protocol. You have to select SWD.

However, last night I finally got around to fixing stm32flash, the program that talks the UART bootloader protocol, for flashing the chip directly over a serial link (in my case using one of those super-cheap knock-off nokia cables with a Prolific usb to serial adaptor cable).

It hadn't worked before due to our STM32L chips using a different erase command protocol. Now, I haven't proved it is perfect, but it works for me on the STM 32 L Discovery boards I have here.

So now I don't need Windows as part of my process, which is great considering I was developing using gcc (from the Sourcery version) and vi as my ''IDE''.

While I wait for the changes to get folded in, you'll need to get my patch which I posted as part of my issue, and you can find that here:

http://code.google.com/p/stm32flash/issues/detail?id=8
stm2399
Associate II
Posted on November 07, 2011 at 19:20

Just got Versaloon to program a STM32L-Discovery , using OpenOCD.

http://www.versaloon.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20318

So i expect OOCD programming & Debugging should be ok.

vsprog support is waiting for Simon.

/Bingo

pkatt69
Associate
Posted on January 11, 2012 at 13:47

hello all who are facing this problem. Please do the following----

1. connect your ST Link V2 with PC. Go to device manager and see if it shows ST USB dongle. If it is not so then install ST Link V2 Usb driver. It is available at ST site.

2. Now if you dont have ST Link utility, then install it. Now open ST Link Utility.

3. Let me assume that you are using STM32F series Microcontroller. Then select Data Width to 32 bit. As you select it, you will find the following type of message in the message window of utility.

18:10:19 : Connected via SWD.

18:10:19 : Device ID:0x410

18:10:19 : Device flash Size : 128 Kbyte

18:10:19 : Device family :STM32F10xxx Medium-density device

But if it shows ''No Target Found'' or '' St Link not find''. Then first check your target power supply and programming settings properly and repeat the step3. If problem remains then in your utility click on ST-LINK at top side. Select Firmware update. If firmware update is OK. Then there is surely a problem at your target side. But if Firmware update is fail then check your USB cable.

I hope it will be beneficial for you.

good luck.