cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My computer cant recognize "st-links" "Anymore" (win11)

Broos
Associate II

I've been using my st-link for a long time and suddenly my computer stopped seeing it as st link. Please do not offer simple solutions such as updating drivers or deleting the device and reinstalling it. I installed the drivers from the official site, deleted them and tried to install them from a different location a few more times. I tried other st links and it sees them as unknown devices. In the driver update section it says there are no drivers suitable for this device. Of course there is. I used it for a long time and it broke for no reason. I researched and tried many solutions on the internet. I'm open to your suggestions.(edit:there is electricity flow in the st link, by the way.)

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Broos, to the community!

what kind of ST-LINK do you use?

Can you please upload a photo?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your quick reply Peter. Unfortunately, the product is a clone, its photo is attached. I'm not sure about the model.I tried the original st link v2 and it was working. But I can't understand why it worked so long and doesn't work now. I didn't update or change anything.

st-link-v2-stm8-stm32-mini-programlayici-arm-programlayici-cin-robo90-41488-38-K.jpg

>>Please do not offer simple solutions such as updating drivers or deleting the device and reinstalling it.

What, like using a driver who's vintage didn't care about fake/clone devices? Like FTDI or Prolific drivers that would purposely fail, or trash, devices which we deemed as counterfeit ?

I personally don't care for this level of pettiness, I think the pie is large enough for everyone to eat well..

The complex solution would be to disassemble and modify the driver, to patch out the behaviour you don't like..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Since you answered without knowing the situation, I count it as a tolerable answer.

I learned that this st link was fake after this problem occurred. I think I'll buy an original st link.

Thank you for your rude answer.

You're welcome

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..