cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Nucleo-F446ZE development board

Rainbow2601
Associate II

Hello everyone.. I mistakenly shorted the DAC1 pin on my Nucleo-F446ZE development board with -12V. As a result, when I am trying to power up this board, PWR LED LD6 is not glowing and U4 IC is getting heated up a lot. Also, LD5 over-current LED is glowing. Is there any way that I can make this board functional by replacing U4 power load distribution switch IC or something else?

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

I'm afraid you've largely disabled the NUCLEO with this. At the very least, you have most likely fried the STM32F446ZE with such a high negative voltage, which, depending on the current delivery capability of the -12V source, has also sent other components to the happy hunting grounds. If you don't want to spend days replacing one device after another (even the STM32 can be replaced and reprogrammed) and then testing the NUCLEO for function, you should consider buying a new NUCLEO.

I am very sorry, but I cannot give you a more pleasant answer.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.