cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I replaced the stm32f407ve chip on my board but it didn't work

duong
Associate II

on my mks monster8 v2 3d printer control board using stm32f407ve chip it was damaged specifically gnd pin and vcc pin are connected, i bought another chip and soldered it to the board, however when plugging in usb it does not recognize com port, i tried connecting with my stlink v2 it still displays the necessary parameters and can read and write, i loaded blink led program and it works however when loading printer firmware specifically marlin it does not work and usb connected to computer does not recognize com port

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The failure is perhaps more involved. You'll need to get a schematic and work through the circuit. You've likely damaged the supply, check voltages and components in the path.

Perhaps find a repair technician familiar with the board, or find forums dedicated to support of the board,

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello @duong and welcome to the community;

As you have replaced the MCU, double check the hardware, mainly the USB part.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I checked the hardware again, the two pins d+ and d- of the usb are connected directly to the microcontroller through the two corresponding pins PA12 PA11, it is soldered exactly according to the pin out of the board manufacturer

The failure is perhaps more involved. You'll need to get a schematic and work through the circuit. You've likely damaged the supply, check voltages and components in the path.

Perhaps find a repair technician familiar with the board, or find forums dedicated to support of the board,

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

maybe you are right, i measured the resistance on pin pa12 with gnd, the value is 6.5 ohm and pa11 with gnd, the resistance is up to Mohm

pa12 is 6.5 kohm

duong
Associate II

i replaced a new chip loaded the program with st link and tried with the code the led blinking works fine but still can not connect to usb, i hold boot 0 and power on bootloader mode still works, did i forget some step, please help me