cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant get the STlink to work with the programmer. The programmer just closes itself. I have it on the drone01 development board.

Hawkeye
Associate II

6 REPLIES 6

Sorry to hear that, is this a problem you're looking to share or solve?

What OS?

What JRE?

What version of ST-LINK, with what version of firmware?

Did it ever work?

File paths pointing to network drives you're no longer connected too?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

> drone01 development board

This board does not appear to have an on-board programmer. Are you using an external one? Which one and how is it connected?

Does STM32CubeProgrammer open without anything connected?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I see this with a V2 up-to-date-with Programmer 2.9 under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS when the target processor (H7B3 in this case) can't immediately be grabbed by the ST-LINK. Click "Connect" and Programmer just crashes. It didn't used to work this way with older Programmer versions but ST helpfully inserted this bug in their never-ending rush to add features at the cost of reliability and robustness.

Im using the stm32 programmer with stlink and yes it will open without anything connected to it. I finally figured it out​, had to do with the drone board. Thanks for the quick response

I finally have it going. It was the way the drone 1 board was designed. I had to have the USB, the stlink and an ext power supply or battery connected.
Sent from my Galaxy

I finally figured it out but was running Linux mint 19.3 and latest version of st-stlink