Did you mean: 

STM32L431 DAC

kazuchib
Associate II
6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @kazuchib​, to the community!

R-2R networks are also called resistor networks and DACs also like to use this R-2R.

Where do you see a difference?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your answer

I thought the resistor strings were the method of linking below.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Simplest-Voltage-Output-Thermometer-DAC-The-Kelvin-Divider-String-DAC_fig1_266008269

Can you show me the details of the DAC used in the STM32L431?

May I ask what this information is relevant for?

Background: with the R-2R converter, the binary value is fed in directly and then decoupled with a voltage follower, so that the R-2R network is not visible to the outside world. But the principle corresponds to what can also be seen in the Wikipedia article mentioned above.

Regards,

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
kazuchib
Associate II

I am making an application that changes voltage very quickly.

I replaced the microcomputer of another company with this microcomputer.

Even in previous applications, there was a temporary strange behavior when changing the voltage at high speed.

In the previous application, I thought about the correction method from the design information.

I would like to consider making corrections from the design information this time as well.

OK, for timing problems with fast signals the internal setup is irrelevant, because the timing behavior of the whole DAC block and its possible error limits are listed in the datasheet, section 6.3.19.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you for your answer.

I will proceed with the verification based on this material and the behavior of R-2R.

Best regards.