cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can connect to STM32G491 using STM32CubeProgrammer, but not with ST-link utility, why?

OHägg.1
Associate

I use a ST-LINK/V2 and have tried to connect using ST-link utility program. This did not work so I assumed something was wrong with the hardware. But now I have tested to connect using STM32CubeProgrammer instead (I use the same ST-LINK/V2), and then everything works as expected. Is the ST-link utility program not supporting STM32G4 MCUs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The ST-Link Utility is already on status NRND, i.e. Not Recommended for New Designs and won't get any update anymore. Instead the recommended tool is the STM32CubeProgrammer, because it provides a lot of more features and runs on several platforms (Windows, Linux, OSX).

With regard to STM32G4, the ST-Link Utility only supports the STM32G43x, STM32G44x, STM32G47x, STM32G48x.

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The ST-Link Utility is already on status NRND, i.e. Not Recommended for New Designs and won't get any update anymore. Instead the recommended tool is the STM32CubeProgrammer, because it provides a lot of more features and runs on several platforms (Windows, Linux, OSX).

With regard to STM32G4, the ST-Link Utility only supports the STM32G43x, STM32G44x, STM32G47x, STM32G48x.

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.