cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSE oscillator not running on NUCLEO-H753ZI board

Ondrej1
Associate II

Hello,

I use NUCLEO-H753ZI with processor STM32H753ZI. In deafault settings there is not mounted external oscillator, but I need application where it's mounted. So I added oscillator 25Mhz (same type as is described in schematic for board) and capacitors. Then I try to run FatFs_USBDISK_Standlone (intended for STM32H743 - STM32H743I-EVAL). If I switch on internal oscillator (HSI) example is running. But if I use external oscillator (default settings of project) the frequency is not correct. I verified it by test led blink with timer (the measured frequency is about 3 times smaller then calculated). Also if I try to measure oscillator frequncy (on C70 - see schematic for board) i can see signal with 8Mhz frequency on oscilloscope (the waveform is similar to a charging and discharging of capacitor ~ triangle waveform).

Does anyone know what may be incorrect in my settings?

Thank you for response!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for help.

I just found the problem. There is also bridge SB45 that must be desoldered, otherwise its driven from ST link.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Did you solder the solder bridges SB3 and SB4? (not soldered by default):

SofLit_0-1710834342872.png

Also use MCO function to output the HSE frequency on one of the dedicated pins instead of probing the crystal signal on its pad.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your advice.

Yes, I did. Bridges are soldered.

I enabled MCO1 output and set 23th bit of RCC->CFGR register (on the output is hse_ck signal), MCO1 precaler is switched off. The signal on dedicated pin (PA8) has also 8MHz frequency.

I enabled MCO1 output and set 23th bit of RCC->CFGR register (on the output is hse_ck signal), 

Try first to use CubeMx for your first tests if you plan to optimize the FW later.

Try to generate a project with the attached .ioc file.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for help.

I just found the problem. There is also bridge SB45 that must be desoldered, otherwise its driven from ST link.