cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746G-DISCO Audio Playback Application Hanging

BarryB
Associate

Working with a STM32F426G-DISCO evaluation board and trying to get the Audio Playback application example to run properly.  Using the V1.17.1 firmware repository downloaded from ST with the Keil toolchain to build the project which builds with no warning or errors.  When I load the image onto the board it starts up as expected, but seems to hang after putting up the message “LUN #0:” on the display.  I have tried a variety of USB memory devices of various sizes and manufacturers with the same results so I believe I have eliminated that as a possible cause.  Using the debugger the application appears to be stuck in the USBH_MSC_Process function (line #363 in usbh_msc.c file) in the MSC_READ_INQUIRY state where the USBH_MSC_SCSI_Inquiry function always returns a BUSY status which prevents the state machine from advancing.  Hoping someone else has observed this same behavior and can guide me to a solution.  I did some stepping thru the code to try to figure out what is going wrong but admittedly I feel that I do not have a good enough understanding of the USB stack code yet to appreciate what is wrong.  Any help would be most appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @BarryB ,

I think you facing the same issue reported here.

For that could you please try to upgrade the USB middleware to 3.5.2 version.

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @BarryB ,

I think you facing the same issue reported here.

For that could you please try to upgrade the USB middleware to 3.5.2 version.

Please let me know if the issue is solved or not.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

BarryB
Associate

Hi KDJEM.1

Thanks for the feedback on this issue.  I took your advice and updated the USB middleware to 3.5.2 and did correct the issue so I believe you are correct that this is the same underlying problem that was previously reported as causing other examples to fail.  I appreciate the assistance and can only hope/suggest that ST update the STM32F7 firmware package to incorporate this fix which looks like it has been around for about 3 months in the 3.5.2 version you pointed me to.  Had you not pointed me to this update I am not sure if I would have discovered it.

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hi @BarryB ,

Glad to know that the issue is solved.

This issue has been reported internally and will be implemented in the coming release of STM32CubeF7.

I apologize for this inconvenience.

Internal ticket number: 176674 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thank you.

Kaouthar