cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover an STM32L43KC based Nucleo's St-Link functions?

KHarb.1
Senior II

I'm new to the Cube toolchain and am attempting my first program. TIM2 is configured for PWM so I put a scope on one of the pins as a test the program runs but saw nothing. I had forgotten to remove the jumper, so I removed it to enable execution, but it didn't do anything. I replaced the jumper, and now the Nucleo's ST-link connection no longer working.

I can see the serial number appear, but I get the error "No STM32 target found". Others had similar behavior, but their recovery steps didn't work for me. How can I recover from this state?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KHarb.1
Senior II

I changed Cube Programmer to 'hardware reset' and its fine now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

Well if I had to guess, you may have mistakenly put the jumper across the ground and reset pin, or pin 3 and 4 of the 15 pin header. I believe the jumper should be across pin 4 and 5 of the 15 pin header when shipped.

Update: Actually I was wrong as it'll say target is under reset but you've got a different message.

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.
KHarb.1
Senior II

The header is currently shorting D2 to ground which is how it shipped. If I did place the jumper on pins 3\4 in error, how do I recover once it reaches a bad state?

KHarb.1
Senior II

I changed Cube Programmer to 'hardware reset' and its fine now.