cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIO output configuration not working

Berlin-raj123
Associate II

Hi, I have an STM32H563ZIT6 board and a simple task: to toggle the GPIO at maximum speed. I set the PA11 pin as an output pin and generated the code. Then, I used the HAL Library function [HAL_GPIO_TogglePin(GPIOA, GPIO_PIN_11);] to toggle the PA11 pin every 1 second. It is working perfectly, and the LED is glowing.

However, when I manually configure the PA11 pin as an output pin, the LED does not blink. I have attached my code for your reference. Any help would be highly appreciated

void GPIO_Init()

{

//GPIO Ports Clock Enable

RCC->AHB2ENR|= RCC_AHB2ENR_GPIOAEN;

//Configure GPIO pin Output Level

GPIOA->BRR |= GPIO_BRR_BR11;

//Configure IO Direction mode

GPIOA->MODER |=GPIO_MODER_MODE11_0;

//Configure the IO Speed

GPIOA->OSPEEDR |=GPIO_OSPEEDR_OSPEED11_1;

//Configure the IO Output Type

GPIOA->OTYPER &=~GPIO_OTYPER_OT11;

}

int main()

{

GPIO_Init();

/* Infinite loop */

/* USER CODE BEGIN WHILE */

while (1)

{

GPIOA->BSRR |= GPIO_BSRR_BS11;

HAL_Delay(1000);

GPIOA->BSRR |= GPIO_BSRR_BR11;

HAL_Delay(1000);

}

}
2 REPLIES 2
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Need to debug and check the register contents versus what is expected in the reference manual: especially GPIOx_MODERGPIOx_OTYPER and GPIOx_BSRR.

PS: in next time please use <\> button to insert your code for best readability.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

//Configure IO Direction mode

GPIOA->MODER |=GPIO_MODER_MODE11_0;

This does not work as expected, as the reset value of GPIO_MODER in newer STM32 (including 'H5) is not zero.

Generally,

> check the register contents versus what is expected

+1.

JW

PS. Don't RMW (i.e. |=) into BSRR. I'ts harmless, as BSRR reads as zero, but wasting time, as it always reads as zero. Write value directly (i.e. GPIOA->BSRR = 1 << 11;).