cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got error like ST-LINK error (DEV_TARGET_NOT_HALTED) when to flash the program.

Tsh.1
Associate II

Hi,

I was trying to disable Tzen in my nucleo-l55ze-q (stm32l55), but before disabling i forgot to flash toggle gpio programmer into board, and tried to set RDP to 55 and i clicked apply,

From that moment it is not able to detect the STlink!..

please give me any suggestions .

Thanks and regards

Teju S H

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Tsh.1​ 

This is an expected situation in this case.

The tool explicitly give a recommendation to flash a valid secure code jumping to non secure code =)

The only way to recover the board is to boot on RSS : BOOT0 pin PH3 to VDD (hope you are using boot selection through Boot 0).

Try this please and tell me if it solves your issue.

Houda-

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Try to connect under reset or get the device into bootloader mode and then connect the debugger.

Tsh.1
Associate II

Hi @Uwe Bonnes​ 

i have tried connecting under reset it doesnt worked .....

and now i have connected boot0 pin to vdd and now i am able to flash the bin files as connected to hotplug......

but i am not getting any data in serial port....

can erasing chip will slove this..??

Please suggest me regarding this..

Thanks and Regards

Teju S H

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Tsh.1​ 

This is an expected situation in this case.

The tool explicitly give a recommendation to flash a valid secure code jumping to non secure code =)

The only way to recover the board is to boot on RSS : BOOT0 pin PH3 to VDD (hope you are using boot selection through Boot 0).

Try this please and tell me if it solves your issue.

Houda-

I am facing the same situation. Can you give some more detail about this boot process? I ensured the boot option was checked prior to making the change to RDP.

Edit: I found the relevant section in the manual for the kit, section 6.4.2 Boot from RSS

Hueli.1
Associate III

I had the same issue after flashing a corrupted build.

The solution is to select Hardware reset under Reset mode in STM32Cube Programmer0693W00000QNa8kQAD.png

I have similar issue, using STM32F412G-DISCO board. It worked OK, but while trying to learn how to use the flash memory, suddenly it stopped work.

how cam I boot it?