cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors while debugging a project in STM32CubeIDE

TKopp.67
Associate II

Hello everyone,

I succeeded to import a project for a STM32F405 inside the STM32CubeIDE. It means i created an empty STM32Cube project and imported my own sources and Makefile. I succeeded to compile it and run a debug session after modifying the project and adding the debug flags in the different Makefiles of my project. The debug session works well, i can use live expression, and make step by step.

But when i reach one particular function, then i can't use any buttons like "Step over" or others. I can only pause the debug session and then i get this message : "Break at address "0x1fff36a8" with no debug information available, or outside of program code".

I checked in the memory map and saw that this is the system memory but i don't know why it goes there.

I also several time got this error : No source available for "(gdb[23].proc[42000].threadGroup[i1],gdb[23].proc[42000].OSthread[1]).thread[1].frame[0]"

Did anyone already dealed with those ?

I attach the configuration files of my project if anyone knows how to read them and could find the problem.

Let me know if any other information could be helpful.

Thanks for your answer,

Thomas

30 REPLIES 30
TKopp.67
Associate II

Hello everyone, i just wanted to tell you that i succeeded a week ago to make it work. Instead of using the libopencm3 linker script, i use the autogenerated one from the IDE with the startup file. In the startup file, i included an irqhandler.h file which contains defines to "match" the names between my code using the libopencm3 and the interrupt names in the startup file. Just the startup file has to be with .S extension and not .s to force the preprocessor use.

Now the debugging works fine.

Still thanks everyone,

Thomas