cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error trying to connect the board to my Laptop using ST-LINK

sk12
Associate II

I am fairly new to the STM32 world. i got an "original" old board lying around in the office, which am using. i cannot directly "load" my code into it it shows error to me that my st-link is not upgraded, after opening the ST-LINK upgrade, it does detect the version etc but when i click on "Yes>>>>" it shows an error. i have been working with uploading the hex file through stm32 ST-LINK utility and i am able to upload and run my code, any possible solutions or atleast, anyone has any idea about what the problem could be?

sk12_2-1720764229634.png

sk12_0-1720764068779.png

sk12_1-1720764130034.png

4 REPLIES 4
xSekigan
Visitor

I am getting this kind of error. Utility can see my blue pill but cant debug in stm32cubeide interesting and the problem with that might be stlink you use.

la ilahe illallah

its an stm32f429 discovery board, it is supposed to have ST-LINK embedded on the board itself. so i dont think how that is the problem, or, you are saying that the ST-LINK hardware on my board is troubled or smth

xSekigan
Visitor

most likely the st-link but wondering if this is your first time using that stlink? And you know that's kind of upgrade after all so gotta check tha port numbers that are used.

la ilahe illallah

dont think so, because when i first got the board and plugged it in, it was already running a code displaying internal temperature on the LCD