cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: No Stm target found for h7a3zi Nucleo Board

mahmanish
Associate

Hi Community,

I have recently purchased Nucleo H7A3ZI board and while trying to connect through Stm Cube Programmer i have found that it is not detecting target itself. What is possible reason for this? 

1. Port is getting detected in laptop

2. Stlink connecetion is visible

3. serial number is showing when connecting

4. Target voltage is 3.29 V

5. St link firmware update is also working (with red light blinking and successful with green light)

6. USB cable i have changed multiple: same result

7. Tried with holding reset but no use

8. tried with different configurations given on stm cube programmer, still no luck.

here are the screen shots of all these: 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Did you mess up the LDO/SMPS settings on the code you last uploaded to the board?

Add a jumper connector between VDD and BT0 pin on the headers. Use one of the spare jumpers on the back of the board to short this new one. Power Cycle the board, ie remove all cabling, USB etc. and then reattach.

A power-cycle and reset function subtly differently.

Now try to connect to the STM32H7 via Cube Programmer, if successful erase the broken code from the device. Then go back to your code and make sure the LDO/SMPS setting is Board Appropriate. And remove the jumper.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Did you mess up the LDO/SMPS settings on the code you last uploaded to the board?

Add a jumper connector between VDD and BT0 pin on the headers. Use one of the spare jumpers on the back of the board to short this new one. Power Cycle the board, ie remove all cabling, USB etc. and then reattach.

A power-cycle and reset function subtly differently.

Now try to connect to the STM32H7 via Cube Programmer, if successful erase the broken code from the device. Then go back to your code and make sure the LDO/SMPS setting is Board Appropriate. And remove the jumper.

static void SystemClock_Config(void)
{
  RCC_ClkInitTypeDef RCC_ClkInitStruct;
  RCC_OscInitTypeDef RCC_OscInitStruct;
  HAL_StatusTypeDef ret = HAL_OK;

/*!< Supply configuration update enable */
  HAL_PWREx_ConfigSupply(PWR_DIRECT_SMPS_SUPPLY); // <<<< THIS <<<< FOR H7A3ZI-Q

/* The voltage scaling allows optimizing the power consumption when the device is
     clocked below the maximum system frequency, to update the voltage scaling value
     regarding system frequency refer to product datasheet.  */
  __HAL_PWR_VOLTAGESCALING_CONFIG(PWR_REGULATOR_VOLTAGE_SCALE0);

while(!__HAL_PWR_GET_FLAG(PWR_FLAG_VOSRDY)) {}

/* Enable HSE Oscillator and activate PLL with HSE as source */
  RCC_OscInitStruct.OscillatorType = RCC_OSCILLATORTYPE_HSE;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.HSEState = RCC_HSE_BYPASS;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.HSIState = RCC_HSI_OFF;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.CSIState = RCC_CSI_OFF;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLState = RCC_PLL_ON;
  RCC_OscInitStruct.PLL.PLLSource = RCC_PLLSOURCE_HSE;
mahmanish
Associate

Thanks a lot, you solved my problem in a blink of eye. I am very new to stm boards and this is my first one.

One last question, do i need to keep your given code in my code to set smps settings?