cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does stm32g0b0 controller support st link v2 debugger or not?

RGAUT
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RGAUT
Associate II

Hi, found the solution.. reset circuit must be connected and program is done using STM CUBE IDE.

we can program G series with st link v2 .

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

How exactly is this connected up, and what speed are you trying to connect at?

Perhaps a circuit diagram of what you're doing, and some screens/output from STM32 Cube Programmer

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
S.Ma
Principal

If the STM32G0B Nucleo has embedded STLinkV2, there is the answer....

However the G0 series has many low pincount packages and swd pins are shared with boot, reset can become gpio, etc... as such, once badly programmed, there are possible irrecoverable mistakes. First safety would be to have a short sw delay at power on to give a chance for debugger to take control before the gpios are reconfigured.

trying with 4MHZ swclk...0693W00000WKPjEQAX.png0693W00000WKPiuQAH.png

RGAUT
Associate II

yes nucleo board have st link on board

RGAUT
Associate II

0693W00000WKPjnQAH.png

RGAUT
Associate II

Hi, found the solution.. reset circuit must be connected and program is done using STM CUBE IDE.

we can program G series with st link v2 .

gbm
Lead III

You have masked the problem, not "found the solution". To connect to a G0, you must have SWD interface operational AND the cpu cannot be put to sleep with WFI or SleepOnExit - that's the peculiarity of M0+ core in its default setting. No Reset connection is needed.

In my G0 project, I usually turn on SleepOnExit in a timer ISR, some 5..10 seconds after device startup.

RGAUT
Associate II

ohhh... thanx for the reply @gbm​  .. can you provide me some more details on that.