cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting G0 Nucleo board to Linux

JAppe.1
Associate II

I've been running into issues with my G0 Nucleo board in that I can't seem to get it to connect properly to my Linux machine via STLink. I've gone through and added the requisite rules, but even so if I list USB devices, the board is conspicuously absent and the status lights on the STLink module continue to blink red. How can I determine whether this is an issue with my software or an issue with the board itself? For either situation, what remedies do I have at my disposal?

PC runs Ubuntu 20.04, if that's relevant.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LSUSB and DMesg have the same output when the device is plugged in and when it is disconnected.

So it is not detected at all. Either a dead board or bad cable (power only, no data).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Does sudo lsusb see the ST-LINK? Any hints in dmesg trace? Is the PC USB port good? (try to plug something else in it).

I've tried multiple USB Ports, even known good ones, and have the issue. LSUSB and DMesg have the same output when the device is plugged in and when it is disconnected.

LSUSB and DMesg have the same output when the device is plugged in and when it is disconnected.

So it is not detected at all. Either a dead board or bad cable (power only, no data).

Same thing happened with a different cable, so it looks like it's a bad board. Here's hoping I can get a warranty action on something I bought in August