cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock source selection for stm32f767

SS.Sagar
Associate III

I am planning to use stm32f767 mcu. I am confused to use clock for the same. I am referring discovery board schematic but in that NZ2520SB-25.00M is used for MCU and Ethernet controller.

In my case i won't be using ethernet. I will be using TFT interface and other peripheral.

So which clock source options are better to use and availability in the market.

Which resonators i can use to get better clock.

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

As with all the STM32 the external high frequency oscillator (HSE) accepts a wide range of crystal frequencies, in case of the STM32F767 between 4...26MHz. Ethernet requires 25MHz or 50MHz with high accuracy, so a 25MHz crystal is a good choice and can also be used for the internal peripherals.

A standard 8MHz crystal is often used for applications like your one, resonators are typically roughly ten times worse than crystals.

I strongly recommend reading AN2867, Oscillator design guide for STM8AF/AL/S, STM32 MCUs and MPUs, which has a lot of useful information: load capacitor calculation, layout tips etc.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.