cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can X-NUCLEO-LPM01A be used for boards other than STM32?

DPiór.1
Associate II

Does the X-NUCLEO-LPM01A allow to measure power consumption of boards like Pi Pico, Arduino Nano Connect RP2040? Or only Nucleo boards?

I have nucleo board to which i have connected GPS module, IMU, LCD display. Will the Power Shield measure power consumption of all those components or only the MCU which is on the Nucleo board?

1 REPLY 1
Jaroslav JANOS
ST Employee

Hello @DPiór.1,

yes, the X-NUCLEO-LPM01A can measure power consumption of all devices with Arduino Uno or Nano headers/pins using the integrated headers, or basically any target using the basic (white) connector.

Concerning the consumption of other peripherals it depends on your configuration and connection of power pins - both variants are possible (assuming you are in the min-max current range of the expansion board).

I recommend you to follow the user manual for the expansion board: https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/um2243-stm32-nucleo-expansion-board-for-power-consumption-measurement-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Regards,

Jaroslav

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.