cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find STMEVAL002V1 using V3MINIE debugger

edwarexx
Associate

Hi,

I'm having issues connecting the STMEVAL002V12 kit (brushless motor driver containing a STSPIN32F0A) to the V3MINIE debugger. 
The programmer is found (using STM32CubeProgrammer on Win11), and has been updated to the latest firmware (V3J8M3).

To connect the two boards, I am using the 3 pin programming connector on the eval kit which includes SWCLK, 0V and SWDIO. The eval kit is powered from an external source (a 12V battery).
I don't have the target (eval kit) VCC connected to the programmer.

The Cube programmer software reports 'No STM32 Target Found! If your product embeds Debug Authentication, please perform a discovery using Debug Authentication'.

Is the STMEVAL kit/ STSPIN32F0A intended to work with the V3MINIE? Am I doing anything obviously wrong?

Appreciate any input.

Cheers
Ed

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @edwarexx, to the community!

you probably mean STEVAL-ESC002V1, right?

Please also check this thread, which may have had the same problem.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Yes, thank you PB. It is the STEVAL-ESC002V1 board.

The solution was to connect VCC from the EVAL target processor to the V3MINIE. The programmer then immediately found the target device.
Interestingly, the STEVAL kit includes a 3 pin header for programming, with no obvious access to 3V3 supplying the processor. I had to solder a fine wire between the programmer and the target  (on a SMT capacitor) which is inconvenient when I want to separate the 2 devices. A slight oversight perhaps. Maybe this will help someone else one day.

In any case I was able to program the STEVAL-ESC002V1 board after this mod.

It would have helped **greatly** if the manufacturer of the eval kit shipped it with some sample firmware already installed/ programmed in the target!

Cheers

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The VDD connection of the STLINK-V3MINIE is not used to supply the target, but to check the voltage applied there. If I have the STEVAL-ESC002V1 on my desk, I'll have to check whether I can programme without this connection using a different setting of the programmer.

However, at least you have now found a way to programme it. I wish you every success in your future work with it!

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.