cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone who has in-depth knowledge about pinout of STM32L476, please verify my design?

Prajnyajit
Associate II

I've attached the schematic of the MCU. In my application, I'll be using sensors, LoRa, and a PWM output. I have prepared the schematic considering the situation that I'll be able to upload a program to the MCU on board. Please let me know if anything is wrong with this. Your prompt response is going to help me a lot.

Thank you.

0693W00000FAgF3QAL.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
Prajnyajit
Associate II

My MCU is STM32L476RGT6U.

TDK
Guru

Duplicate:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D73W000001MKHA/detail?s1oid=00Db0000000YtG6&s1nid=0DB0X000000DYbd&emkind=chatterCommentNotification&s1uid=0050X000007vmts&emtm=1632804110140&fromEmail=1&s1ext=0

How do you intend to program this?

How do you intent to debug this?

Is BOOT0 intentionally pulled up?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Prajnyajit
Associate II

I want to upload the program through UART.

I'm using ARDUINO IDE to program this.

Taking reference from the attached image I have intentionally pulled up BOOT0 just to upload the program to the MCU.

0693W00000FAhGlQAL.jpg 

Prajnyajit
Associate II

Here is the file I have referred to is attached. There are many ways to program the MCU. One such is to connect BOOT0 to VDD to upload the program to MCU. It should be connected to VDD using a jumper only when a program needs to be uploaded. This idea I have encountered by doing internet research.

TDK
Guru

If nets have the same name, it means they are connected. This is why all GND signals are connected to the same ground plane. On your board, there are a number of pins connected to the "LoRa" signal, which means they are all connected to each other. Surely this is not the intention. Similarly, both "UART" pins have the same net name, which means they are connected.

Not having a way to debug through SWD is going to slow you down significantly. Not very familiar with Arduino IDE.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Prajnyajit
Associate II

For just mentioning the occupied pins I have mentioned like that. But thanks I have modified it. So what is your final opinion? Is the connection ok right now ? Leave the bootloader part and please say rest are ok or not ?0693W00000FAhrcQAD.jpg

My opinion is that the board will power up and will be able to be programmed, but, because it lacks any debug functionality, it will not be practical to develop nontrivial applications on it.
Also, because BOOT0 is pulled up, it will require a GO bootloader command to run user code every time it is powered up, which is awkward at best.

In my application, I want to upload the program and then leave it as it is so that it can work. I don't want to interrupt it meanwhile. My purpose is to upload the program once it is mounted and leave it as it is. Can't be possible? If not, suggest to me in which way we can add debug functionality to it means pin config of SWD?