cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best STM32 board that’s low cost & has lots of io

ARobo
Associate II

Hi I’m looking for a low cost STM32 board that I can use to control a mosfet, take various digital/serial inputs and be controlled by a touch screen.

If anyone could recommend a board in the $30-40 range and lots of io, similar to arduino mega if possible (has 54 io 15 pwm & 16 analog).

Also if anyone could recommend a good GUI software that’s can create professional and clean interfaces, integrates easily with io, and isn’t to difficult to get started with that would be great.

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

Any of the Nucleo-144 boards such as NUCLEO-H743ZI2 will have at least this many I/O pins.

https://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/partgroup/stm32-nucleo-144-boards/64816

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Tends to be a trade-off of pins, memory and screens. You might want look at WaveShare boards

Generally you're not going to get everything you want short of designing and building it yourself, as others have different priorities.

The WeAct and DevEBox boards are an interesting compromise.

0693W00000AMwNvQAL.jpg 

You can get shields with screens for the NUCLEO boards.

The DISCO boards get more memory, more screens, more money, less escapable pins

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
ARobo
Associate II

Ok great thank you both.

Hi I’ve been doing some more research specifically looking at the NUCLEO boards and it looks like they don’t have a dedicated dsi connector to add displays. I think the shield you mentioned is something like this, but I’m not sure I’d access the rest of the io pins with it installed.

I took a look at the STM32F7508-DK which comes with a dedicated display but it io (serial/digital pins) seems very limited.

The we act studioboard seems cool but I’m not sure if it build it display connection would work with a touch screen.

Do you know if there’s a STM32 board that works straightforward with a tft touchscreen (online it seems people have had trouble interfacing standard tft touchscreens with the STM 32s) + has lots of io + is also lower cost?

thanks!