cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeExpansion_NFC4_V1.5.2. firmware package in STM32CUBEMX for STM32Gx MCU

Msam.1
Associate II

Hello,

I found firmware a package from ST web for ST25 application: STM32CubeExpansion_NFC4_V1.5.2.

But it is for STM32L0, L4 and F4 series MCUs.

I tried to add the package in the STM32CUBEMX for STM32G0 MCU but it doesn't work. Any suggestion to deal with this issue? I appreciate in advance.

If such package is not yet available, if any plan in future?

Thanks,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KTiwa.1
Associate

Hello Mark,

Kindly select Interface as "Template" instead of "Basic" in Addition software setting for NFC4. Since for custom board implementation Template is used as interface 0693W000001q2bRQAQ.png

Best Regards

Rahul

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Laurent Co
ST Employee

Hello Mark,

This package X-Cube-NFC4 1.5.2 is normally available on CubeMX servers.

With your STM32CubeMX, go to "install / remove embedded software", the "X-Cube-NFC4 1.5.2 " should be visible in the STMicroelectronics tab.

You can download it and then use it into your projects.

If you have an error, could you specify it

Thanks&Regards,

Laurent

Msam.1
Associate II

Hello Laurent,

I am able to install the X-Cube_NFC4 1.5.2 package in the STM32CubeMX. The problem is this package is for STM32F4, STM32L0 and STM32L4 only now, because if you open the package folders the drivers are available only for F4, L0 and L4 series MCU, and without STM32G0 series.

I need to use the package for STM32G0 MCU .

Any suggestion?

Thank you and Regards,

Mark

Laurent Co
ST Employee

Hello Mark,

Indeed, the CubeExpansion contains some ready to use examples for the mentionned series.

but if you use CubeMX, you could generate some code compatible with G0.

please, select a G0 MCU or associated board, click on start a project

go to "additional Software" panel and choose STMicroelecontrics.X-Cube-NFC41.5.2 .

Select the components that you want / need , resolve dependencies, click on ok

You should get the following result

Enjoy

0693W000001pyWcQAI.png

Msam.1
Associate II

Hello Laurent,

I am able to create .ioc file for a 8 pin mcu from STM32G0 and please check the attached .ioc file. After that without any change for the source code files, I have an error after compiling the project in KEIL:

"../Src/lib_NDEF_config.c(31): error: #5: cannot open source input file "nfc04a1_nfctag.h": No such file or directory"

Then I have to change the include statement from "nfc04a1.h" to "custom_nfc04a1.h" in the lib_NDEF_config.c.

After that I face more errors when in compiling in KEIL.

Please advice.

Thank you and Regards,

Mark

Msam.1
Associate II

Hello Laurent,

The following screen shows the errors result I mentioned in my last post for your reference.

I wonder you can open the attached .ioc file with the STM32CUBEMX and do your correction in order to run the generated source in KEIL without error.

Best Regards,

Mark

KTiwa.1
Associate

Hello Mark,

Kindly select Interface as "Template" instead of "Basic" in Addition software setting for NFC4. Since for custom board implementation Template is used as interface 0693W000001q2bRQAQ.png

Best Regards

Rahul

Msam.1
Associate II

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for the suggestion and I will verify that.

Best Regards,

Mark

Msam.1
Associate II

Hi Rahul,

It works after I verified.

Thank you for help!

Mark