cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-SMARTAG2 - Error: failed to erase memory

VColi.1
Associate II

I am trying to update the firmware in the STEVAL-SMARTAG2 using Memory & File editing  in STM32 CubeProgrammer Windows Application., but I get Error: failed to erase Memory.

My goal is to install your demo firmware to use the SMARTAG2 with ST NFC Sensor Mobile app.

Screen shots and the Log, Verbosity level 3 follow.

Note I have Rev A of the SMARTAG2 

Thanks,

Vince

Screenshot (3073).pngScreenshot (3075).pngScreenshot (3076).png

IMG_0292.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BT,

Thank you for that suggestion.  Yes putting a new battery fixed the problem (I can now Erase the Memory and add new firmware).

Is there any App Note exapling how to install the demo firmware and then configure the sensors to work with the ST NFC Sensor Mobile App?

Vince

Screenshot (3509).png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

just a suggestion: is the battery (CR2032/LIR2032) providing enough energy?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

BT,

Thank you for that suggestion.  Yes putting a new battery fixed the problem (I can now Erase the Memory and add new firmware).

Is there any App Note exapling how to install the demo firmware and then configure the sensors to work with the ST NFC Sensor Mobile App?

Vince

Screenshot (3509).png

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

see User Manual  UM3034 Getting started with the STEVAL-SMARTAG2 NFC dynamic tag sensor and processing node evaluation board.

If you have new questions regarding the STEVAL-SMARTAG2, I would recommend to create a new post rather than reusing this one which is related to a battery issue.

Thanks

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.