cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25RU3993 fw compilation fail "undefined references "addTlvExt"

Franco Bocalon
Associate III

I am trying to compile the original fw sources files provided in order to generate the same binary file before proceeding to fw changes. I have all the files using version 2.1.0.0

The only changes that I made are:

1) Add the preprocessor define EVAL=1 (I am using the ST25RU3993-EVAL board)

2) Add the preprocessor define STUHFL_HOST_COMMUNICATION=1 . I want to compile a project to use the GUI provided (for a toolchain validation)

The compilation fails due an undefined "addTlvExt" reference. But this one is included in the stuhfl_helpers.h file which is included in the project.

What it can be wrong in this case?

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11

Cedric,

Thank you for your response. I have installed TrueSTUDIO 9.3.0, but I have the same effect. Project compiles correctly but the Eval Board does not work using my compiled fw.

However I have a weird symptom when the board is downloading the firmware:

When is downloading original .bin file provided with the ReaderSuite, the progress bar increases up to 94% or more (it is difficult to see the latest value) and a message box shows "Successfully downloaded firmware!" then automatically eval board works perfectly.

When I download the .bin file from my own compilation the progress bar increases only up to 73% approximately only, shows the "Successfully downloaded firmware!" but the eval board does not work.

It can be some size constraint or any similar? It is weird, in some cases after the downloading procedure the ReaderSuite closes unexpectedly.

I attached below the images of these.

0693W000001sri8QAA.png

0693W000001srhyQAA.png

0693W000001sriNQAQ.png

Regards

Cedric,

I could solve the problem. I guess that is some issue into the integrated ReaderSuite flasher utility.

Now I can download my own .bin compilated file using the ST Flash Loader Demonstrator, the firmware is downloaded and the EvalBoard works correctly.

Also the .bin file compiled using the STM32 Cube IDE v1.3.1 works as well as the .bin compiled using TrueSTUDIO.

Thank for all your support.

0693W000001svnMQAQ.png