cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H757 / Inter-core Communication using OpenAMP and HSEM

StrangeTau
Visitor

Hello

I want to communicate between cores using OpenAMP and HSEM and print the communication results using UART in the terminal environment.

I'm currently using the STM32H757I-EVAL Board, and I have referred to the youtube link below.

So my code doesn't generate compilation errors, but It doesn't print the results of between cores communication in the terminal environment.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Friendly regards, Tau

Reference : STM32 Dual Core #3. Inter core comm using OpenAMP and RPmsg || IPC || Shared Memory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKiVYq0EaS4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello @StrangeTau  and welcome to the community.

I suggest you to refer to one of the examples provided in the STM32CubeH7: https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7/tree/master/Projects/STM32H747I-EVAL/Applications/OpenAMP

Not obvious to tell what is the issue based on the description you provided and a video from Youtube. 

Also you need to check the UART config and the correct instance to be used on your Eval to print the on the terminal as well as the correct GPIOs (Tx/Rx) used by this instance.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello @StrangeTau  and welcome to the community.

I suggest you to refer to one of the examples provided in the STM32CubeH7: https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7/tree/master/Projects/STM32H747I-EVAL/Applications/OpenAMP

Not obvious to tell what is the issue based on the description you provided and a video from Youtube. 

Also you need to check the UART config and the correct instance to be used on your Eval to print the on the terminal as well as the correct GPIOs (Tx/Rx) used by this instance.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @SofLit

Thank you for your prompt response and congrating me!!

Your suggetion made it possible for me to print the results of inter-core communication in the terminal environment.

Can I ask you one more question please?

I'm currently using STM32CubeIDE, but I was using ARM KEIL IDE before the errors occurs.

the errors referred to a picture below.

I want to use OpenAMP and HSEM to enable communication between cores in ARM KEIL IDE. Can I resolve the errors and successfully implement the inter-core communication if I properly restructure the suggested example?

Best regards, Tau

StrangeTau_0-1725525934838.png

Are you facing this issue with one of the examples I provided with Keil? or is it your custom project?