cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25RU3993 for sweeping from 800MHz to 1000MHz

PShet.1
Associate

In one of the projects I am working on, we need to develop an RFID reader tester. I was hoping can we use ST25RU3993 for sweeping from 800MHz to 1000MHz. If yes are we supposed to just change the VCO & PLL block register the contents.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bart Herse
Senior II

Hi PShet.1,

the VCO segments available allow the reader IC to output an RF signal from 800 MHz to 999 MHz.

I would not is not recommended to develop a reader to cover this extended frequency range as important system components (antennas, tags, RF components, etc...) might not be specified or optimized for this wide frequency range.

Note that outside the specified frequency range which is to be found in the datasheet of this device, no parametric limit, function or any other described behavior can be guaranteed.

Also note that most countries clearly specify in which frequency bands and with what frequency channel properties Rain RFID is allowed.

Always check the local radio law or consult the corresponding authorities for guidance before operating an Rain (UHF) RFID device for the targeted frequency range.

Cheers,

B

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bart Herse
Senior II

Hi PShet.1,

the VCO segments available allow the reader IC to output an RF signal from 800 MHz to 999 MHz.

I would not is not recommended to develop a reader to cover this extended frequency range as important system components (antennas, tags, RF components, etc...) might not be specified or optimized for this wide frequency range.

Note that outside the specified frequency range which is to be found in the datasheet of this device, no parametric limit, function or any other described behavior can be guaranteed.

Also note that most countries clearly specify in which frequency bands and with what frequency channel properties Rain RFID is allowed.

Always check the local radio law or consult the corresponding authorities for guidance before operating an Rain (UHF) RFID device for the targeted frequency range.

Cheers,

B