cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25RU3993 board power control

esoft.1
Associate

i used to STRU3993 Eval

I got the result based on the following code.

I wonder what that result means.

It seems to be the result of the antenna performance here.

If it is the output of the result for the antenna performance,

I wonder what function should be used to get the result of the power obtained through the tag, that is, the dbm/rssi value.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nick K
ST Employee

Hello esoft.1,

could you let me know which version of the ST25RU3993 SDK you are using ? Have you modified the demo sources for your screenshot and if so could you share your modified source ?

Your screenshots are showing tuning values from the tuning tables of the FW.

To get RSSI values for transponders that are in the field the easiest way is to run a inventory scan. For each inventoried transponder the ST25RU3993 evaluation board send back all information collected when a transponder was found. This data is replied in the inventoryCycle callback with the STUHFL_T_InventoryTag and STUHFL_T_InventoryStatistics data field.

0693W00000SvFRrQAN.png 

The STUHFL_T_InventoryTag has field for the measured RSSI log and lin values of I and Q during the transponder reception.

For more details of the RSSI measurement please have a look the ST Application Note AN4971 "Received signal strength indicator (RSSI) for ST25RU3993"

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an4971-received-signal-strength-indicator-rssi-for-st25ru3993-stmicroelectronics.pdf

BR

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nick K
ST Employee

Hello esoft.1,

could you let me know which version of the ST25RU3993 SDK you are using ? Have you modified the demo sources for your screenshot and if so could you share your modified source ?

Your screenshots are showing tuning values from the tuning tables of the FW.

To get RSSI values for transponders that are in the field the easiest way is to run a inventory scan. For each inventoried transponder the ST25RU3993 evaluation board send back all information collected when a transponder was found. This data is replied in the inventoryCycle callback with the STUHFL_T_InventoryTag and STUHFL_T_InventoryStatistics data field.

0693W00000SvFRrQAN.png 

The STUHFL_T_InventoryTag has field for the measured RSSI log and lin values of I and Q during the transponder reception.

For more details of the RSSI measurement please have a look the ST Application Note AN4971 "Received signal strength indicator (RSSI) for ST25RU3993"

https://www.st.com/resource/en/application_note/an4971-received-signal-strength-indicator-rssi-for-st25ru3993-stmicroelectronics.pdf

BR