cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916B Custom Board Not Detecting Tags on Embedded Linux System

dave100
Associate

Hi,

I’m working with an ST25R3916B custom board connected via SPI to a custom embedded Linux system. The system is running the ST25R3916_v2.8.0_Linux_demo_v1.0, but it is unable to detect any NFC tags.

The issue seems to originate from the nfc_demo_st3916b application, specifically in st25r3916.c at the st25r3916OscOn() function. The application fails at the check on ST25R3916_REG_AUX_DISPLAY_osc_ok at line 287. To bypass this, I commented out the check, which allowed the application to run, but it still does not detect any tags.

Here’s what I’ve observed:

• With ST25R_SELFTEST defined in st25r3916.c, I see a 400 µsec pulse on the IRQ line when the application starts, and it runs without errors. However, no further pulses or signals are observed on the IRQ line afterward.
  • When I define ST25R_SELFTEST_TIMER in st25r3916.c, the initialization fails on the second test at line 232, and I do not observe any pulse on the IRQ line at all.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or recommendations on what further steps I should take to resolve this issue.

Thank you and best regards,

Dave

0 REPLIES 0