Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916 discovery board, DFU not found and ST-link showed on device manager

antoinesrvt
Associate II

Hey,

I started using the ST25R3916 discovery board and I have this error:
a ST-Link is detected instead of an "STM device on DFU mode"

I tried using the ST-link utility to make some test but I'm still not able to switch of device mode 
Now I am only connected with the USB port and the board's screen show the USB mode, only my PC doesn't recognise it correctly.

Is there someone who know how to resolve this issue ?

Thanks,

Antoine, from Kuvee

14 REPLIES 14

Hi Antoine,

yes, on the picture the mentioned resistors look correct. And as the Device Manager is refreshing it seems to be enumerated. 

You will not find a device with a very specific name. It comes as a generic USB Input device with VID 0483 under Human Interface Devices as shown here:

2024-05-03 15_03_58-Device Manager.png

Does the GUI log anything? Do you have a second instance of the ST25R3916 GUI running (maybe as zombie)? Did you already try re-starting your computer?

Ulysses

Hey Ulysses,

Ok yes I found the actual USB device corresponding to the board on my device manager.
I already tried re-starting the computer but my GUI doesn't recognise anything, everything is grayed out with the text explaining how to go to USB mode.

I also have twice the device showed when connecting to the computer:
- one USB input device
- one HID supplier device

Hi,

still puzzled, I don't really see why the device wouldn't be recognized.... except if the VID + PID don't match. Can you share these numbers please! The GUI is just using Windows APIs to connect to the board using VID+PID.

Does it maybe work on a different PC?

Ulysses

Hello Ulysses,

I tried with another computer and it works perfectly. 
Do you know how it didn't work on a specific computer ?

thanks for your help,

Antoine

Hi Antoine,

no idea, whatsoever. It is also the first time hearing that it does not work at all. 

Maybe an issue with the device detection in Windows such that the GUI does not get notified.... You could try first connecting the board and then open the GUI - AFAIK on startup of the GUI it will always try to connect. 

BR, Ulysses